Position: Apply Online Now
Intelligence Community Support: Junior level Intelligence Technical Writer-Editor
MESMO Inc. (MESMO) has immediate job openings for experienced Junior level Intelligence Technical Writer-Editor to support its Intelligence Community Client.
The Technical Writer-Editor is accountable for the timely and professional support of MESMO client’s technical editorial requirements; production writing and editorial process including, reviewing and revising intelligence or communication products and other documents prepared by client analysts for publication.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• Competently work with the primary authors to edit/rewrite products for organization, grammar, style, accuracy, consistency with client format and style guidelines, as well as accepted rules of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Support/advise management and analysts with expert intelligence and administrative knowledge of the steps required to produce multiple publications, incorporating different types of presentation media.
• Be available for shift work - 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts; weekends and extended hours depending on mission requirements.
• Develop and maintain templates, format and style guidelines, and other material as needed.
• Consistently demonstrate commitment to attention to detail, the ability to adjust editing style to often changing rules and guidelines based on client need and preference, and the willingness to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
• Support Continuity of Operations responsibilities, serving as the editor on-call one or two weekends a month.
The Technical Writer-Editor must have:
• Knowledge of analytical research tools (i.e. Tripwire Analytical Capability (TAC), Record Message Traffic (RMT), etc.) and various foreign disclosure request mechanisms (iShare, FORREL, etc.)
• Understanding of Middle East and Africa intelligence issues is highly desired.
• Strong communication, analytic, and briefing skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor or master's degree in English, journalism, communications or related field, or, specialized training in a related area
• 2-3 years of professional experience in the intelligence community, or, equivalent professional intelligence/academic experience.
Clearance Level Required:
Washington DC Metro
Availability for shift work, extended hours, and travel is required for this position
Apply Online Now